First thing is first… Today is my birthday, I am officially
21 31. I don’t usually take the day off for my birthday however we had another PCP meeting so I thought Why not?
I am currently sat in my front garden on my old sofa in the sunshine (yes we are those neighbours but they are getting collected this week so its not that bad)
The meeting attendees were myself & David, Jenny who is the who is part of the SLD outreach team for tweendykes, louise; our new health visitor, Lisa the early yars SENCO & Courtney who is acting manager at our nursery.
Just like the last PCP meeting this was to discuss and review Williams support plan to sed away for his EHCP. This will be finalised within a week for us to sign and agree ready to be sent off.
What we did find out is the next steps which is interesting….
- It will first go to moderators who will asses the plan for 6 weeks(Who can decline it 😣)
- Then it will be passed to educational psychologists who will carry out further assessments and potentially add to the plan
- Between weeks 14-16 it will go back to the moderators
- Then we will be sent a draft EHCP which we will have for 2 weeks to check and request any changes. At this point we can name a school.
This will be banded at *Intensive *Severe *High or *Support
- Then finally it will go back to the moderators who put all children wanting a place at a special school onto a big list and allocate places based on need and what they feel is the best fit for each child and their requirements. We should find out by the end of January 2021, which isn’t that far away when you think about it.
William isn’t automatically guaranteed to be entitled to a place in a special school so Lisa has advised us to look into the facilities the local mainstream schools have available in our area to have in mind as a back up so we will be reaching out to those shortly and will keep you posted about our findings. This for us would be worst case scenario as we know based on his GDD that a mainstream school is not the right environment for him to be able to continue to grow and learn so hopefully it wont come to that.
We have a TAF meeting due end of November/December to look at Williams funding in which we will also discuss the progress of the ECHP.
Anyway I’m off to eat copious amounts of cake and re-watch Harry Potter for the millionth time, you cant beat a good birthday tradition 🎂
Much Love, The Buckleys 😘